Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hello, 2015!

If there is one thing about me, it is that I am a hugely sentimental person.
Naturally, at the start of a new year, I can't help but reflect back on the previous year and see lots and lots of growth. Then I think through the months ahead, and wonder.

I wonder what great things will happen that aren't expected.
I wonder about summertime and taking my little Sahara to the playground, and grilling in the backyard.
I wonder about holidays, and the memories we will make.
I wonder about tough times that are sure to come, and the growth that will take place.
I wonder about what life will be like 365 days from today.

For some reason, I feel a great big "push" as the new year has come once again, to make things happen. So 365 days from today, I will look back, and be proud of my accomplishments. 
As I have felt this push, I have thought about my "word" of the year. For 2014, my word was "Trust." It's funny, because there has never been a year when I had to trust more in my beliefs and the strength that comes from faith. 2014 proved to be a wonderful year, a trying year, and boy, did I ever learn to trust with everything I am.

The word I have chosen for 2015 is "Refine."

There are so many things I juggle.
I juggle being a cook, artist, seamstress, blogger, wife, mother, employee, sister, daughter, friend and so many other things.
Some days, I am certain that I drop each of those roles right on their heads.
It is my hope, that 2015 will refine me in these roles.

I am ready to jump into 2015 and achieve my goals.
Is 2015 ready for me?










No comments:

Post a Comment